The Copper Country Christian School has a three-fold purpose for its existence:
1. To assist Christian parents in fulfilling their obligation to God to train their children in a manner that would bring honor and glory to Him.
2. To offer quality teaching consistent with the training a child should receive in a Christian home and a Bible-believing church.
3. To provide the highest quality Christian education possible with emphasis on the Word of God as our principal source of truth with a personal touch.
ABOUT COPPER COUNTRY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
The Copper Country Christian School, as its name suggests, is Christian in its focus. We welcome families from any Bible-believing, evangelical family who can unreservedly endorse our Statement of Faith. We believe that parents who cannot subscribe to its Scriptural principles would not feel comfortable with the spiritual emphasis of our school; consequently, we could not approve the enrollment of students from families who did not share our basic doctrinal beliefs. As we have historically endeavored to do, we will continue to declare only the primary doctrines of God’s Word. Secondary doctrines such as baptism and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, will not be touched upon except as they may be included in our curricula. We ask that secondary doctrinal positions peculiar to your particular denomination not be discussed at school, or during school-sponsored functions.
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Holy Scripture of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed. (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20,21; Matt. 5:18; John 16:12-14)
2. We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit co-eternal and co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deut. 6:4; 2 Cor. 13:14)
3. We believe in the pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension, and imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that He is now at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (John 1:1; Luke 1:35; Rom. 3:24,25 and 8:34; 1 Pet. 1:3-5 and 2:24; Eph. 1:7; Acts 1:9; Heb. 7:25 and 9:24; 1 John 2:1,2).
4. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. We believe that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition apart from the work of the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:26,27; Rom. 3:22,23; and 5:12; Eph. 2:1-12).
5. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of sins. (Eph. 1:7 and 2:8-10; John 1:12; Acts 16:31; Rom. 10:13; 1 Pet. 1:18,19)
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment and that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth. All believers are commanded to be filled with the Holy Spirit. (John 1:8-11; 2 Cor. 3:6; 1 Cor. 12:12-14; Rom. 8:9; Eph. 1:13,14 and 5:18)
7. We believe that every saved person possesses two natures, with the provision made for victory of the new nature over the old nature through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. We believe that all claims to the eradication of the old nature in this life are unscriptural (Rom. 6:13 and 8:12,13; Gal. 5:16-25; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 3:10; 1 Pet. 1:14,16; 1 John 3:5-9)
8. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord, and to separate from all worldly and sinful pleasures and from all religious apostasy. (2 Tim. 3:1-5; Rom. 12:1,2 and 14:13; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 1:9-11; 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment. (Matt. 25:46; John 5:28,39; Rev. 20:11-15).
10. We believe in the personality of Satan and that he is doomed to the lake of fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
11. We believe God has ordained that parents, chiefly fathers, possess the responsibility for training their children in a manner that honors God, and with that responsibility comes an accountability for the training they receive (Deut. 6:6-9; Prov. 22:6; Lev. 10:10,11; Ps. 78:4-7; Col. 3:20; 1 Tim. 3:4,12).