The Copper Country Christian School has a three-fold purpose for its existence:
1. To assist Christian parents in fulfilling their obligation to God to train their children in a manner that would bring honor and glory to Him.
2. To offer quality teaching consistent with the training a child should receive in a Christian home and a Bible-believing church.
3. To provide the highest quality Christian education possible with emphasis on the Word of God as our principal source of truth with a personal touch.
ABOUT COPPER COUNTRY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
The Copper Country Christian School, as its name suggests, is Christian in its focus. We welcome families from any Bible-believing, evangelical family who can unreservedly endorse our Statement of Faith. We believe that parents who cannot subscribe to its Scriptural principles would not feel comfortable with the spiritual emphasis of our school; consequently, we could not approve the enrollment of students from families who did not share our basic doctrinal beliefs. As we have historically endeavored to do, we will continue to declare only the primary doctrines of God’s Word. Secondary doctrines such as baptism and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, will not be touched upon except as they may be included in our curricula. We ask that secondary doctrinal positions peculiar to your particular denomination not be discussed at school, or during school-sponsored functions.
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Holy Scripture of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed. (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20,21; Matt. 5:18; John 16:12-14)
2. We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit co-eternal and co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deut. 6:4; 2 Cor. 13:14)
3. We believe in the pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension, and imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that He is now at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (John 1:1; Luke 1:35; Rom. 3:24,25 and 8:34; 1 Pet. 1:3-5 and 2:24; Eph. 1:7; Acts 1:9; Heb. 7:25 and 9:24; 1 John 2:1,2).
4. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. We believe that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition apart from the work of the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:26,27; Rom. 3:22,23; and 5:12; Eph. 2:1-12).
5. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of sins. (Eph. 1:7 and 2:8-10; John 1:12; Acts 16:31; Rom. 10:13; 1 Pet. 1:18,19)
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment and that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth. All believers are commanded to be filled with the Holy Spirit. (John 1:8-11; 2 Cor. 3:6; 1 Cor. 12:12-14; Rom. 8:9; Eph. 1:13,14 and 5:18)
7. We believe that every saved person possesses two natures, with the provision made for victory of the new nature over the old nature through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. We believe that all claims to the eradication of the old nature in this life are unscriptural (Rom. 6:13 and 8:12,13; Gal. 5:16-25; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 3:10; 1 Pet. 1:14,16; 1 John 3:5-9)
8. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord, and to separate from all worldly and sinful pleasures and from all religious apostasy. (2 Tim. 3:1-5; Rom. 12:1,2 and 14:13; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 1:9-11; 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment. (Matt. 25:46; John 5:28,39; Rev. 20:11-15).
10. We believe in the personality of Satan and that he is doomed to the lake of fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
11. We believe God has ordained that parents, chiefly fathers, possess the responsibility for training their children in a manner that honors God, and with that responsibility comes an accountability for the training they receive (Deut. 6:6-9; Prov. 22:6; Lev. 10:10,11; Ps. 78:4-7; Col. 3:20; 1 Tim. 3:4,12).
The Constitution of The
Copper Country Christian School Fellowship
We the people of the Copper Country Christian School Fellowship, in order to form a closer unity among the members and to assure that the purpose of this organization be fulfilled, do ordain and establish this constitution.
The name of this organization shall be: The Copper Country Christian School Fellowship.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Holy Scriptures of the 0ld and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the· original writings, infallible and God-breathed.
We believe there is one triune God, coeternally existent, and in the unity of the Godhead there are three Persons-the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit-equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; in His virgin birth; in His sinless life; in His miracles; in His substitutionary, victorious, and atoning death through His shed blood; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the father as the believers• High Priest; and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We believe that to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth produces a new creation in Christ Jesus; that it is instantaneous and not a process; that in the new birth the one dead in trespasses and in sins is made a partaker of the divine nature and receives eternal life, the free gift of God; that the new creation is brought about in a manner above our comprehension, solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with the Word of God to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel; that its proper evidence is the appearance of repentance, faith, and newness of life.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit; that He is the agent of the new birth; that He indwells, seals, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses to, prays for, sanctifies, arid helps the believer; that it is the privilege and the duty. of all the saved to be yielded to the Holy Spirit.
We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts; that the gifts of evangelist, pastor, and teacher are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints today; and that speaking in tongues and working of sign-miracles gradually ceased as the New Testament Scriptures were completed and their authority became established.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—they that are saved unto the resurrection of life. and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
We believe in a Biblical view of MARRIAGE AND HUMAN SEXUALITY: In accordance with our view of the Bible as the supreme and final authority on all matters pertaining to faith and life, we believe that marriage is the exclusive, covenant relationship between one man and one woman. We believe that marriage is an illustration of the relationship between Christ and the church. Though sexual intimacy within the marriage relationship between one man and one woman is approved and even celebrated in Scripture, we believe that any sexual intimacy outside of this covenant relationship falls short of God's standard and is prohibited. Further, we believe that God created human beings in two distinct genders: male and female. These two distinct genders, when considered together, reflect the image and nature of God. We believe any attempts to alter or change one's birth gender fall short of God's standard and are prohibited. (Gen 1:26-28; 2:18- 25; Matt. 5:16; Matt 15:18-20; Acts 3:19-20; Rom 1:18-32; 10:9-13; 1 Cor 6:9-11,18; Heb.13;4).
DIGNITY AND RESPECT: We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the local New Testament church.
LOVE: We believe that the greatest commandments are (1) to love God and (2) to love our neighbors as ourselves. (Matthew 22:36-40). We believe that we should demonstrate love toward fellow believers, those who are not believers, those who actively oppose us or our faith or doctrine, and those who engage in actions contrary to Biblical teaching. We believe that we should deal with those who oppose us graciously, gently, patiently and humbly. We believe that the Scriptures forbid the taking of revenge and the threat or use of violence as a means of resolving personal conflict or obtaining personal justice. (Matthew 5:44-48; Luke 6:31; John 13:34-35; Romans 12:9-10; Philippians 2:2-4). We also believe that love and truth complement rather than conflict with one another. (Ephesians 4:15).
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the Christian school, and to provide a biblical role model to parents and to the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Copper Country Christian School in any capacity, all parents, and that all who serve as volunteers in a teaching capacity should abide by and agree to Copper Country Christian School's statement of faith and conduct themselves accordingly.
Philosophy of Education
The Christian is commanded to train up a child in the way he should go (Prov. 22:6). Accordingly, the Copper Country Christian School Fellowship exists to foster life in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ lives to glorify His Father (John 14:13, John 17:1). The objective of this organization is the glorification of the Father through Jesus Christ. We believe that Truth is absolute because Jesus Christ is changeless: the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). Because Jesus Christ is the embodiment of the Word of God (John 1:14), and because God’s Word is truth, obedience to the Word of God demands that the Scriptures be the center of the thought and activity of a school. No field of knowledge is closed to the Christian School, for all truth is God’s truth, because all things are contained in Jesus Christ (Col. 1:16,17). The Holy Spirit guides the Christian School in the Way of Truth because it is He who glorifies Jesus Christ, The Word of God (John 16:13-14).
The Word of God, the standard for the process of training up a child (II Tim. 3:16), contains truths relative to education. We believe these two truths to be fundamental to our existence: that the primary responsibility for education is parental (Eph. 6:4), and that man has a fallen nature (Rom. 3:13). This fallen nature requires that we recognize the child’s need for salvation as well as his need for growth in the knowledge and application of the Word of God.
Although we believe that the Christian School is an extension of the church and of the parents, we believe strongly in the importance of Christian Teachers. Only teachers who center their personal lives and teaching ministries in the Word of God can promote its internalization in students. Similarly, only Scripture-centered teachers know the positive roles of discipline in the school. Because of these two beliefs we hold that all teachers at Copper Country Christian School Fellowship be view as holding ministerial positions.
Finally, The Copper Country Christian School Fellowship is a body which, although it recognizes the role of the State in preserving order (Rom. 13:7), finds its reason for existence, authority, and power of the Word of God.
Aims and Purposes.
The purpose of this organization is to collect money for and to finance a Christian Day School in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. This organization will be financed through contributions, donations, endowments, grants, and the like.
Section 1. This organization will consist of a governing Board of Control made up of no fewer than three (3) and no more than seven (7) _persons.
Section 2 Membership on the Board of Control shall be restricted to those who:
profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior;
subscribe to the Statement of Faith (Article II) and Philosophy of Education (Article III).
Officers and Standing Committees
Section 1. The officers will be: chairman, secretary, treasurer, and others as may be deemed necessary.
Section 2. Standing Committees
Nominating Committee, consisting of two (2) members of the Board of Control; · ·
Finance Committee, consisting of the treasurer and one other person from the Board of Control;
Public Relations Committee, consisting of two (2) members of the Board of Control.
Vacancies may be filled by the remaining Board members at any business meeting, providing a minimum of two weeks 1. notice has been given for the action.